The Windsor Women Working With Immigrant Women – Volunteer Board Member
The Windsor Women Working With Immigrant Women (WWWWIW) is a non-profit, community-based organization that assists immigrant, refugee and first generation Canadian women and their families to become full and participating members of Canadian society. WWWWIW has been a strong community organization for the last 33 years and has successfully delivered programs and services throughout.
To assist immigrant and refugee women and their families to become full and participating members of Canadian society.
– To provide a welcoming and supportive space for newcomers and first generation Canadians.
– To support the settlement and advancement of newcomers and first generation Canadians.
– To identify and eliminate systemic barriers faced by immigrants and refugees.
– To provide culturally sensitive settlement services focusing on the needs of newcomers and first generation Canadians.
The Windsor Women Working With Immigrant Women is especially interested in candidates with the following background and experience:
– Experience in good governance
– Knowledge/understanding of the non-profit sector
– Experience in Fundraising
Directors are elected for a two-year term, and are expected to attend Board Meetings held 11 months of the year. Participation in Board Committees may also be required. Meetings are held at the organization’s premises (located at 1368 Ouellette Avenue, Windsor, ON N8X 1J9).
Nominees for election to the Board must be a member of the organization at least 30 days prior to the election of Directors at the Annual General Meeting held in July each year.
Please send your resume and application to Christine Lucier at: email@example.com