Thinking of becoming a volunteer?
These 5 reasons to volunteer, might help you make up your mind
Volunteers gain professional experience
- You can test out a career.
It brings people together and strengthens your community
- Uniting people from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal
- Building camaraderie and teamwork
- Support families (daycare and eldercare)
- Improve schools (tutoring, literacy)
- Support youth (mentoring and after-school programs)
It promotes personal growth and self esteem.
- Self: Volunteers discover hidden talents that may change your view on your self worth.
- Government: Through working with local non-profit agencies, volunteers learn about the functions and operation of our government.
- Community: Volunteers gain knowledge of local resources available to solve community needs.
You get a chance to give back
- People like to support community resources that they use themselves or that benefit people they care about
And we'll get back to you soon.