Youth Innovations Lead (15 hours)
Deadline : September 14 / 2017
The Youth Program at The Windsor Women Working with Immigrant Women is creating a new and innovative program that promotes entrepreneurship and innovation among newcomer youth. We are seeking a creative and motivated individual who will be able to learn and understand our program’s vision around entrepreneurship and create meaningful programs and strategy to realize that vision. The person must be ready to rise to ongoing challenges, be resourceful when required, and be flexible in their planning.
- Maintaining relationships with Youth Program community contacts that have already been established (eg. Responding to emails, sending emails about events and programs, etc.).
- Developing schedules for facilitators and scheduling activities and programs
- Planning new outreach initiatives for youth entrepreneurship events
- Able to teach and work with diverse youth
- Able to work with other facilitators to motivate newcomer youth and encourage thoughtful discussion
- Provide efficient and thorough service with the ability to effectively engage and empower service seekers
- Support and participate in The Windsor Women Working with Immigrant Women’s (WWWWIW) events and in cooperation with colleagues
- Suggest, initiate, arrange and participate in community outreach, networking events and job fairs
- Participate in staff meetings, organizational training sessions and professional development workshops
- Demonstrate adherence to organizational policies and procedures, its mission and mandate
- Be aware of and implement relevant government policies and guidelines which pertain to the services provided
- Perform and assign duties as needed by the program
- Advocate to ensure systems and services protect the rights of clients and give clients control over decision making
- Other duties as assigned
- A post-Secondary degree, diploma or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Ability to work with youth
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Must be knowledgeable about issues of immigrant youth
- Able to make and maintain contacts in the community
- Ability to work independently
- Possessing 2 or more languages is an asset
- The Youth Innovations Lead must abide by the privacy, confidentiality and access to personal information regulations and ensure duty of care
- Duties and responsibilities described above should not be construed as a complete and exhaustive list as it is not the intention to limit in any way the scope or functions of the position. Duties and responsibilities can be amended from time to time either by additional, deletion or straight amendment to meet any changing conditions, however this will only be done in consultation with the employee.
- Submit resume via email to email@example.com or in-person to 1368 Ouellette Ave., 4th floor, Unit 406 (Youth Program)
- If you submit via email, please state the name of the position that you are applying for in the subject line.
Submit resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person to 1368 Ouellette Ave., 4th floor, Unit 406 (Youth Program)
Web Designer (Volunteer position) Needed ASAP
Deadline : Until Filled
We are currently seeking a volunteer web designer for our organization.
Skills and responsibilities
- Proficient in Web Design
- Additional Knowledge an Assest
- Contact Us as soon as possible
- applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request