Thinking of becoming a volunteer?
These 5 reasons to volunteer, might help you make up your mind
Volunteers gain professional experience
- You can test out a career.
It brings people together and strengthens your community
- Uniting people from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal
- Building camaraderie and teamwork
- Support families (daycare and eldercare)
- Improve schools (tutoring, literacy)
- Support youth (mentoring and after-school programs)
It promotes personal growth and self esteem.
- Self: Volunteers discover hidden talents that may change your view on your self worth.
- Government: Through working with local non-profit agencies, volunteers learn about the functions and operation of our government.
- Community: Volunteers gain knowledge of local resources available to solve community needs.
You get a chance to give back
- People like to support community resources that they use themselves or that benefit people they care about
CHILDMINDING SUPPORT STAFF – **Closed**
Deadline : Until Filled
Skills and responsibilities
- Engages children in activities that support a child-centered approach.
- Follow organizational policies and procedures at all times
- Assist children in expressing themselves by listening and responding with questions or comments that extend conversations
- Use a variety of teaching techniques including modelling, observing, questioning, demonstrating, and reinforcing
- Encourage and assist children to practice self-help skills daily
- Communicate and follow the directions of CNC Supervisor and IWF Coordinator
- Share information regarding children’s learning and developments with parents
- Report all accidents, injuries and illnesses to CNC supervisor and record such incidents in the daily log book and as a serious occurrence if necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education– At least one or two years of training
- Have Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Have Current Health assessment including immunization and proof of Tuberculosis
- Have Current Criminal and Vulnerable Reference Checks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with parents, staff members and community members
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work
- Willingness to work flexible hours (3hrs/day, 2-4 days/week)
- Resume and Cover Letter
- In the cover letter, please include your understanding the relationship between mental health and immigration as well as your understanding of mental health recovery.
- applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request
And we'll get back to you soon.